Tips on Executing a Corporate Production
There are two stages to putting on a bug-free and brilliant corporate production: planning your event (or collection of events) and executing that plan – smoothly.
Planning your corporate production:
This is where you create the ‘wow’ factor. If everything goes smoothly, attendees will take the wow factor home with them, and you’ll have done your job. So – get creative, but in a way that ensures that you are prepared for successful execution – including smoothing over inevitable glitches so well that one will know any better.
- Ask yourself some tough questions. Great idea, but – can it be done? What can go wrong? Am I trying to impress or am I being creative and planning for what the attendees will enjoy and what the client wants?
- Be practical. If the risks are too great, or dependent on too many variables, scale back on the complexity. You want to put on a corporate production, not a circus.
- Break each component of the event down into the smallest detail, and then delegate to competent team members who won’t need to be micro-managed.
- Have back-up plans in place for curveballs. Your beautiful outdoor luncheon set up might need to be moved inside very fast if it rains. Make sure there’s an inside option – and plan to have it ready.
- Make sure your budget allows for the costs of unforeseen contingencies or emergencies.
Executing your corporate production – better than just ‘to plan’:
- Don’t leave any detail to the last minute! especially if you are relying on technology.
- Make sure your team is in place and each person knows exactly what they need to do, and what their responsibilities are.
- Be flexible. Things seldom go 100% to plan, so be ready to think on your feet on when you need to, without panicking. Chances are, if you have planned with attendees in mind, rather than how much you want to impress, they won’t even notice that something is missing from the table settings or the mariachi band didn’t turn up. Your client will know – but will appreciate your keeping a calm and collected lid on it.
You may also be interested in:
Excellence in brand architecture is a crucial goal for successful brand management. Excellence is achieved through branding that not only shows the relationships between brands, but also engages on every level. This is what we mean when we refer to brand architecture...
Branding is one of the most direct and powerful ways in which to engage customers. It tells customers, at a glance, who and what they are engaging with, far beyond the company name or product. When it comes to company logos, branding has the potential to make an...
The rapid advancement of digital technology has opened-up the creative possibilities in digital marketing to an extent never enjoyed before. Platform-based strategies can be intricately combined to create exceptionally effective digital marketing campaigns, using an...